Sunday, April 11, 2010

You would think that after three weeks being back in a routine, the desire to be hammering, sawing, and painting would have faded a little. However, the further away from trip the time goes, the more I want to be right back in D.C. continuously working on those homes. The alternative spring break was one of the most amazing experience I have ever had. I would do anything if I could go on a much longer trip doing the same thing. The group of kids that came on the trip were also great! I am thrilled to have made friendships with people who I would never had the opportunity to have, had I not gone on this trip. Everyone got along so well, and had so much to offer to making the trip GREAT!!
Aside from a little dehydration mishap, the trip was the some of the best six days I can remember.
The Americore workers who were on the site were awesome! they are doing something great out there, and I hope to one day follow in their foot steps.

I hope to do this trip again next year!

yours truly
Carolyn Damphousse

No comments:

Post a Comment