Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Alternative Spring Break 2010

Today's the day before the big ASB presentation to the FSC community. Many of the students are running around preparing for it by distributing table fliers, making programs, composing videos, etc.

Looking back on the trip, I realize how much of an successful and impactful trip it was. Although it's been almost a month since we were in Washington D.C., the excitement and the enthusiasm about the trip is still there in all 18 students that went on the trip.



While working with Habitat, I learned so many new things I never knew before. I learned how to use power tools, how to hang dry wall, how to build a foundation of a house, and how to properly paint a room and ceiling. It was definitely an experience to remember.

I think one thing that can't be said enough is how amazing the students were during the entire trip. I think it's great how we had such a diverse group who easily bonded with one another. They were the reason the trip was so successful. I am so proud of each and every one of them for putting their all into the volunteer work - it was tough work! All 18 of them are so inspiring and I hope they all go on the trip next year. I want to personally thank Rachel and Steve for being my pillars during the trip. I would not have been able to keep it together without your help and guidance; you guys are amazing friends.

Angel Seto
Club Coordinator
Student Involvement and Leadership Development

No comments:

Post a Comment